Direct Line: (317) 215-5244
Email: darrin.snider @ pmo-elite.com
- Bachelors: Computer Science
- Additional two years competed as Business/Finance Major
SummaryOver 25 Years Total IT Experience
- BA/PM: 13 years
- Developer: 10 years
- Network Admin: 5 Years
- 8 years management experience
- 5 years consulting experience
- 4 years as entrepreneur
Tools / Technologies
MS Office, SQL Server, Visio, Balsamiq, Confluence, Jira, Adometry, Omniture, Google Analytics, MS Project, SharePoint
Languages / Frameworks
Agile/Safe, Agile/Scrum, Kanban, RUP, RAD, Waterfall and various hybrids of each.
Servers / Platforms
Windows Servers, IIS/COM/MTS, Ubuntu/Red Hat Linux, Apache, Azure DevOps, AWS S3/EC3, Kubernetes
Defense/Aerospace Manufacturing, Custom Software Development, Education, Marketing/Advertising, Healthcare/Insurance, CRM/Salesforce Automation, Government, Entertainment, Printing, Social Media, SEO
- Full-time employment with an established, private sector company that employs leading-edge technologies to provide a product or service that resonates with the general public.
- An "ownership" or "resident expert" role with a technology or product as part of a development or operations team.
- The chance to apply my decades of experience to develop and implement original and creative solutions to defined problems.
- A well-defined career path and training plan with objective metrics to track success.
Rolls Royce, Defence AerospaceMarch 2018 to Present
Cloud Service Engineer
- Key member of project to develop a DoD-compliant, cloud-based collaboration environment supporting virtual reality-based design, MBSE, and other functionality via Azure for Government, DevOps Server, Kubernetes container clusters, and GCC High SharePoint Online.
- Key member of multiple projects to modernize in-service, cloud-based applications and bring operational processes into compliance with FedRAMP Medium and NIST cloud computing security standards.
- Key member of project to implement EVMS system to track project data and provide integration between SAP, Workday, ForProject, Primavera, Encore Empower, and Artemis Costview systems.
Harrison CollegeApril 2018 to September 2018
Academic Advisory Board Member -- Information Technology
(Multiple Contract Agencies)March 2017 to March 2018
(Multiple Contract Positions)
- Key member of multi-million-dollar project to upgrade multiple corporate data centers. Project included core switch consolidation, Cisco Prime installation, Internet POP migration, legacy/end-of-life decommissioning, and Firewall/ASA policy refresh.
- Converted, scrubbed, and migrated data from ABB Ellipse ERP to new Microsoft Dynamics implementation. Recommended improvements to business processes to coordinate with Dynamics. Formalized and documented existing business processes.
Key Benefit AdministratorsFebruary 2015 to February 2017
Technical Business Analyst
- Assist in creation of a new PMO department and associated processes for a rapidly-growing third-party healthcare plan administrator.
- Work with the product manager or project sponsor to elicit requirements and document the product?s vision and scope for all technical projects company-wide.
- Performed cost/benefit analyses on all project requests for presentation to senior management. Ensure all solutions meet business strategic goals.
- Work closely with architect to develop, spec, and document solutions in accordance with captured requirements.
- Work with development and QA team to answer questions and clarify issues/defects in developed solution.
- Served as key member of Agent Commission portal in design and specification of a on-line application to provide online commission statements for agents and managers across multiple provider companies.
Quest Information SystemsFebruary 2013 to January 2015
Project Manager / Business Analyst
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, competitive product analysis,task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Work closely with development team and clients on proposed solutions. Monitor milestones and review deliverables.
- Led project to develop a SharePoint-based solution for tracking regulatory-related documents through approval processes for state government. Managed development team, created proposal for final product, assisted with subsequent RFP.
- Key member of project to design and build mobile website and mobile app for the State of Indiana?s voter registration system.
- Key member of team to evaluate, implement, and verify electronic poll books at multiple Indiana voting centers. Assisted with design of integration system with existing voter registration software.
Galvin TechnologiesMay 2012 to February 2013
Support Manager, Business Analyst, Internet Marketing Specialist
- Elicited project requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, process flow modeling, and use cases. Work with developers to design/recommend solution that meets all requirements.
- Provided monthly SEO analyses and web traffic reports to select clients. Evaluated current content marketing strategies and recommended changes.
- Maintained client social presence on websites and social networks via ghost blog posts, social media posts, press releases, forum participation, and blog commenting on related sites.
- Managed all customer support calls and client relationships. Coordinated all support-related projects through development and implementation.
ChaCha Search, Inc.June 2011 to April 2012
Technical Business Analyst
- Worked with the product manager or project sponsor to document the product?s vision and the project?s scope.
- Wrote requirements specifications according to test-driven and behavior-driven (TDD / BDD) development standards using Cucumber / Gherkin.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend any additional technical tools required to meet business goals.
- Key member of Powered By/Widget development team in design and specification of a portable applet for partner web sites.
- Served as key member of the implementation and quality team in support of ChaCha?s integration with Dexetra?s IRIS Android application. Made recommendations to content and engineering teams to improve performance and raise quality to meet user and business expectations.
- Managed affiliate traffic quality and made recommendations for site optimization and business process changes using metrics and thresholds taken from Adometry and Ominture for a ComScore Top 50 web site.
The Jackson Group, Integrated Marketing CommunicationsAugust 2006 to June 2011
As Technical Services Manager
- Working manager of a staff of AS-400 operators, network analysts, and systems engineers.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of more than 30 HP/Dell/IBM servers running Windows server 2000/2003, OS400 and Linux operating systems.
- Restructured and improved the company Help Desk by increasing customer satisfaction with faster response times and increased turnaround time by 90%.
- Operated and maintained a hybrid Cisco/Nortel routing and switching environment providing data services to thousands of clients including intranet, extranet and Internet users.
- Performed duties as Chief Security Officer tasked with moving Jackson Group companies towards Level 1 CISP/PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance.
As Business Analyst / Project Manager
- Acted as technical sales engineer in pitches, presentations, and product demonstrations.
- Worked directly with clients during discovery phase of projects. Perform all technical requirements gathering and workflow analysis. Map business rules against functional and business requirements. Set expectations and metrics for success criteria. Produce needs analysis documentation, business cases, and ROI models as needed. Lead development of formal technical proposals for clients.
- Produced a variety of whitepapers for both internal and client use in order to clarify and expound on company technology and industry best practices.
- Designed and architected new software projects using use case/UML modeling in both Agile and RUP environments. Coordinate with programming team leaders to develop iterative production timelines. Ensure that projects remain within scope and budget and meet all business requirements and success criteria.
2MI GroupJune 2004 to August 2006
- Provide overall technical vision and strategy for the company. Head up research and development of new products and technologies. Develop business plans, budgets, investor presentations, and technical sales presentations.
- Work directly with clients during discovery phase of projects and prepare needs analysis, business cases, ROI models, and formal proposals.
- Manage in-house and off-shore programming teams during development and implementation phases of software projects.
- Designed, architected, and built web-based business management suite including calendar, contact manager, marketing campaign manager, knowledge base, project manager, time tracking, and other office communications systems.
- Designed, architected, prototyped, and managed development of School District Data Warehouse.
- Designed, architected, prototyped, and managed development of Law Enforcement Case Management System.
- Designed invoicing system for small coin and stamp supply shop.
- Act as technical point of contact for the customer during implementation and post-implementation of new software projects.
- Designed, owned, and operated two local job boards supporting hundreds of users and companies.
Integrated Network StrategiesMay 2001 to May 2004
Software Engineer / Network Engineer / Consultant
- Supported over two dozen clients in areas of web development, business process analysis, custom application development, and network administration
- Served as technical contact during all phases of the sales cycle, and provided all post-sales support.
- Designed and built time tracking and priority management software for national service organization
- Designed and built high-traffic open house web site for large realty organization
- Designed and built intranet site for major hospital trauma center including physician scheduling utility, meeting minute organizer, knowledge base, and a variety of communications tools
- Designed and built quote management system for nation-wide restaurant equipment manufacturer
- Provide customizations and add-ons for IAS Visual Advance, ACCPAC, and Accountmate financial packages
- Designed and built two sports registration packages for local youth sports organizations
- Designed and built accounts receivable system for local healthcare organization
Contech, Inc.May 1999 to May 2001
Systems / Network Analyst
- Responsible for all internal computer operations for company
- Designed and developed in-house CRM, financial, and business management systems
- Designed and built corporate computer network
- Designed and build corporate web site
- Implemented and administered Unicenter AHD help desk system for call-center and integration with in-house business management software
- Oversaw shutdown of I.T. operations when company went out of business.
Suburban Health OrganizationFebruary 1998 to April 1999
Systems / Network Analyst
- Responsible for network and desktop support for three company sites.
- Helped to implement and integrate EDI system with existing data warehouse
- Developed ad-hoc reporting and analysis tools as needed
Community Hospitals IndianapolisFebruary 1996 to January 1998
Server Support Analyst
- Responsible for server and desktop support for ProHealth and VEI buildings.
- Developed and maintained fee schedule database
- Administered departmental data warehouse
- Coordinated vendors in implementation of call tracking and help desk software
- Coordinated contractors and vendors in installation of new wiring closet
SayTech CorporationSeptember 1992 to January 1996
- Developed to specifications the first three versions of a remote multimedia training and presentation software
- Designed, developed, documented, and maintained over 20 retail software packages
- Served as technical contact during all phases of the sales cycle, and provided post-sales technical support