Direct Line: (317) 489-4175
Email: darrin @ indyintune.com.com
- Bachelors: Computer Science
- Additional two years competed as Business/Finance Major
- To obtain any position in the broadcasting/entertainment profession. (Seriously, as long as it keeps me in roughly the same lifestyle as my current position, I'd clean bathrooms and sweep floors.)
Cultural Vision Awards 2016 Music Trailblazer
Best Local Radio Station 2014, 2015, 2017
Best Local Radio Personality 2014 - 2017
Best Music Festival 2017
Best Radio Personality 2018
Best Local Podcast 2018
March 2006 to Present
On-Air Personality / Podcast Host
- Known for improvisational humor, deep eclectic musical knowledge, and a 60's AM style presentation.
- Conduct both live and scripted interviews with an engaging and adaptive interview style. Equally comfortable with structured or conversational presentation, serious or humorous tone.
- Nominated for "Best Local Radio Personality" four times by NUVO Newsweekly and once by the Indianapolis Star.
- Responsible for 24/7/365 station programming consisting of local music, original talk programs, and solicited sponsor spots.
- Scout and discover all new music.
- Build multiple genre-based rotations.
- Study ratings, web analytics, and audience surveys to guide programming changes.
- Nominated for "Best Local Radio Station" three times by NUVO Newsweekly and once by the Indianapolis Star.
- Organize and manage annual live music festival, streaming broadcast/simulcast, and fundraiser dedicated to a different local charity each year as selected by the audience.
- Select venue(s), coordinate physical location logistics, obtain additional equipment as needed.
- Work directly with charities to produce pre-recorded informational spots and printed materials to promote and market the event.
- Recruit sponsors and solicit corporate gifts.
- Select and schedule performers, guest speakers, and hosts for the event.
- Coordinate stagehands and sound crews for multiple stages.
- Serve as master of ceremonies during the event.
- Nominated for Best Local Music Festival by NUVO Newsweekly.
- Designed and built automation software to build and manage custom libraries, rotations, playlists, track introductions, bumpers, and ad drops.
- Designed and built console management software including soundboard, track manager, and other custom tools used by various live segments and shows.
- Designed and built integrated web site that includes audio archive, artist/venue database, blog, and other online content.
- Coordinate promote guest appearances, call-in segments, promote live broadcasts and performances
- Manage live recordings and perform post-production of audio files.
- Create pre-recorded shows, drops, skits, and commercials.
- Nominated for Best Local Podcast by Indianapolis Star.